Is a 1-time-visit procedure which removes the deposits, calculus and stains. Calculus or tartar is a form of hardened dental plaque. It is caused by the continual accumulation of minerals from saliva on plaque on the teeth. Its rough surface provides an ideal medium for further plaque formation and threatening the health of the gingiva (gums).
Negative effect of plaque can lead to :
- bad breath / mouth odor (halitosis)
- unsightly teeth / unpleasant-looking dentition
- inflammation of the gum tissue
- tooth abscess and toothache
- tooth loss
- destruction of the dental bone, gum and other structures around the teeth
- ruined dentures
this is why, scaling should be done once in 6 months !